Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Elements and Principles: Complete

 





Symmetry - The structure is built primarily from masking tape and revolves around a paper straw. Underneath is dried wood glue. My original intention was to make a larger geometric pattern from only tape.








 





Space - Originally I had wanted to form a bubble with the wood glue and put something inside. After many failed attempts I used a plastic cup to make this shape. After it collapsed I covered it and reattached the bottom using clear tape.
 
 































Pattern - At first this piece looked like a table, to get rid of that I just continued adding to the structure. It does not follow a perfect pattern but the strips of white card stock give it a rhythm. This piece is made from clear tape, masking tape, and white card stock.


3 Drawings


 

No comments:

Post a Comment